Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sweet Home Indiana

Finally made it! Love them!! I love this photo!!

Yay! Land!!  We finally made it to Pawpaw and SueSue's!
Last week we went home to Indiana!!! We got there monday afternoon and it was a beautiful day.  The weather all week was great!! We woke up one morning and it was 58 outside.  We had a busy week seeing everyone and going lots of places.  Jake spent the majority of his week working at his dad's farm earning a little extra money.  We stayed at Jake's dad and stepmom's house.  Liam was so happy to see everyone. He is quite the little waver and social butterfly after this visit.  We went shopping with aunt Jenny and Nonnie.  As usually, Nonnie(my mom) loves to get Liam things and she bought him a ton of clothes and shoes, a wintercoat, and the list goes one.  We appreciate all of the things all of our family does for us.  


This week Liam got his first hair cut.  His Great Aunt Julie who is a hairdresser and part-owner of Salon One in Evansville with Liam's other Great Aunt Jenny, and their friend Laurie, cut Liam's hair.  She was so sweet and decided to come over to Jake's dad's house and cut it.  I was really nervous and sad that it was time to cut his hair.  However, I was glad that Julie was there to do it!! He didn't like getting his hair cut but I think the fact that he was ready for a nap when we did it, didn't help him out.  He sat in his highchair for the clippers and then I held him while she used the scissors on the top.  After she was done, he took his paci and lovie and she held him until he fell asleep.  He took a nap on her while we chatted and caught up on life.  Thanks Julie!! So glad that you were the first one to cut his hairs!!  Here are a few photos from the hair cutting....
Aunt Julie brought him a little cape...this was right before she started

Not liking the clippers so much...hoping the puffs would distract him...


All done!  He was very sleepy! Thanks Julie!
Happy after a nap and a new hair do!! My wild boy!!
Liam also discovered his love of the golf cart!  He loves riding around on it and we started playing a game with the dogs.  Jake's stepmom, Susan, bought Ron, Jake's dad a golf cart for his birthday and they use it to putt around on.  There is also a fruit and veggie farm/stand right across the road from their house.  They use it to drive over to the stand and pick up produce.  It's called Wright's Berry Farm.  We made many trips that week to get fruits and veggies.  Liam and I would drive and let the dogs out of the barn and get them on the golf cart. We would drive them up to the front of the house and drop them off.  We would sit still for a minute and then take off and the dogs would chase us down the driveway.  We did this about 50-100 times.  Liam LOVED it!! We also did a little photo shoot at the Berry Farm and on the golf cart.  My new hobby is photography and I am really starting to enjoy it!!  I took a ton of photos and plan to take more photos of all the places we love in Newburgh next trip home.  Here are some photos of our adventures....Enjoy!!
About to venture over to get some habeneros and peaches 

Aunt Bizzy and Aunt Ellie....Bizzy and the cheerleaders were getting ready for their game
Here it is....just a sweet family owned farm
Love it!
21.5 lbs....That will be 37 pennies please...JK he is priceless!
I absolutely love this photo!! We had a blast!

I love this photo too...I love his sweet little belly too!
Momma, Liam, and Aunt Ellie....kisses for the boy!
Indiana sunset...Oh my he makes my heart melt...pure sweetness
We had a great week and really miss our family. I truly love my job, friends, and our little house in Memphis but I can't wait to be closer to our family.  Liam truly loved being around everyone and just grew up so much over this past week.  Thank you to all our family who bless our life in so many ways! We don't know where we would be without you!!
Tomorrow he starts his first day of Parents Day Out....I am nervous and wish Jake was going to be there with me to drop him off...I hope that he has a great first day and will post all about it at the end of this week. Hope you enjoyed our post!! Have a great day!!

2 comments:

Alyson Vickery said...

jessica,

i'm so glad that you started blogging!!! i hope to see you at work soon, it seems that it's been a while! we need to get our families together for a beer brew!

alyson

The Schmitt Family said...

I am really glad I saw your blog because you inspired me to start one! It has been too long since we have seen each other!! I think we definitely need to get together and brew something!! Talk to you soon!!