Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mommy says goodbye and Liam says "Hia"...and then waves!!!

Mandy and Jordan came to say goodbye..ending our chapter together in Memphis
On Monday, Mandy, Jordan, and her parents Deb and Kip stopped by to say goodbye.  It was so nice to meet Mandy's parents.  Liam went right to Mandy and snuggled her up and then surprisingly he went right to Deb....I think she has the touch!! He just laughed and smiled at them all. It was too sweet.  I am going to miss her too much!!
Although we said goodbye, Liam started saying hi which sounds like"Ha."  Yesterday, we were at Garden Ridge shopping for birthday supplies and a lady walked by Liam and said hi and waved to him.  Without missing a beat he just said "Ha" and waved his little arm at her.  I almost wrecked the shopping cart!  Jake and I have been working with him to wave.  Everyday, when Jake leaves I have him wave at Liam and wave Liam's little arm and tell him bye bye.  I guess he finally caught on! Yay!! We got him to do it again and again....it is so sweet!!  
A quick update of Liam's sleeping accomplishments.....After a few days of laying him down in his crib at each nap and at night and helping him fall asleep on his own, he finally put himself to sleep with minimal comfort from me. No crying, sad tears, just played in his crib for a few minutes after I walked out of the room and the next time I checked on him, he was asleep!! Yay Liam!! Mommy is so proud of you!! Hopefully when I work and extra night shift tonight Jake will stick with it and Liam will do the same thing for him. Hope you enjoyed my post!!  Until next time....


1 comment:

Aunt Mandy said...

I am so happy that we were able to stop by and say our good-byes. I miss you so much friend! And can't wait to see Liam say and wave "Hi"...I am thinking you need to catch it on video and post it on your blog ;) Good chatting with you yesterday and talk again soon! xoxo.