Monday, August 2, 2010

First day of the rest of our blog!!


             This is my first post to our blog.  I decided to put a couple of my many favorite photos up too.  Today was a rather uneventful day.  Liam is constantly on the move.  I can't count the number of head bonks he took today. Today, he decided to stand up without any hands and when I looked down he was already on his way to the floor.   Considering he stands 29inches from the floor, it was not that far of a fall, but he only tried that once today so I think he realized god put hands and arms on his body for a reason : )  Jake had clinic today so he was gone all day.
             Liam and I went swimming in our little pool in our backyard and he of course enjoyed himself.  When Jake got home tonight, Liam loudly said Mama, Mama, MMMaammaaa about 737 times. He will not say Dada for anything.  I will be so excited for Jake when he finally says it. Jake didn't run today...but no worries, he found something else to do and started making another belt.  One of his many hobbies.  I think blogging is going to be my new hobby : ) 
             One week from today I will say goodbye to a very wonderful and best friend! Mandy is probably one of the most amazing people I have ever met.  When I first met her, I knew we were going to be friends.  Her husband Jordan, is in school with Jake.  We went through many firsts together while being away from family.  She moved away from her family for the first time just like I did, we ended up working at the same hospital, in the same unit, on the same shift, we see eye to eye on so many things, and she has been there for me so many times I can't even begin to tell you.  She was one of the first people I told that I was finally pregnant. She was the only person there with Jake and I when Liam was born and is like family to us.  She loves Liam and Liam loves her!! She has been my rock in many ways while I have been in Memphis.  I truly don't think she knows how much we are going to miss her! I am so excited for her and Jordan to move back to Nebraska near family and for her to start touching peoples' lives at her new job just like she has touched ours.  But seriously, I am not quite sure what I am going to do without her.  I will put a picture up of her so you can see this amazing gal!! Hope you enjoyed my first post! I look forward to many more!!
Mandy and Jordan coming to visit Liam in the hospital...Precious memories!!
This video is when I told Mandy and Summer that I was pregnant with Liam. Brittney helped me video their reaction and tell them. It was St. Patrick's Day 2009...Also my brother Ryan's birthday!

One of my favorite's from Liam's 6 month photos...Amanda Catt took this and she is an amazing photographer

One of Jake's first outings with Liam....


4 comments:

Sarah Hill said...

Love your blog Jess! Very cute :)

Brittney Conroy said...

OMG!!! You know I LOVE a good blog..Ha! So glad my loud mouth could be in your opening video...and cute little Miss Amelia Bedelia bc she loves her auntie Jessica too..please come visit me soon..LOVES YOU tons and miss you BUNCHES!!! You, Mandy and I will be forever pals!!!

Mandy said...

Ok so I come to check out the "Schmitt Family Blog" not expecting the kind words my wonderful friend! YOU are amazing and I will miss you more than you even know...BUT I look forward to where our future will take our friendship and am excited for the great times ahead. I am convinced that God had a plan placing us here together as you have been there during the good and the bad times. I appreciate the dedicated and loving mother you are and hope to be like you someday. I love you and Liam and thank you for everything, pal. Also, I am so happy that you have started this blog...now I can keep track of all the happenings all the way from Nebraska! :)
PS- Amazing video...I loves it! :)

Blaize and Jenny said...

we love this!!