Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What friends are for...


Steve loves Liam too and decided to have a snuggle on him while he was having a bottle....this spot on the couch used to be Steve's

Eating some puffs with sister by his side...she likes it when I am not looking and she can sneak a puff off his tray

He loves sister and sister loves him

Last night I had a great dinner with friends. I organized a little going away dinner for Mandy so she could try and see everyone before she leaves next week.  I brought Liam along with me because he is usually so good and loves to look at people and loves being out.  However, he was a little crabby yesterday and so I probably should have left him home with Jake.  The first sign of trouble was when he wouldn't go to his aunt Mandy when she went to pick him up.  He is starting to be a little "sensitive" and clingy to me so I am pretty sure it's time to start parent's day out as soon as possible.  I really want him to have friends other than his brother and sister pups. 

 He loves our two dogs Steve and Sophie.  When Liam was first born, Steve was in love with him and Sophie really was neutral.  How the tables have since turned as he has gotten older.  Sister loves him!! Steve scampers away when Liam reaches for him.  Sophie lets him pull and tug on her and he loves her ears, which Sophie is VERY sensitive about.  We are very diligently trying to teach him to be gentle, but he hasn't quite grasped the concept yet.  I love that the dogs and him get along but it's time to broaden his horizons.  I am planning on enrolling him in a parent's day out once a week to get him around some babies his own age and foster a comfort to be with other people besides Jake and myself.  I don't want him to be the kid that only plays by himself...because he only wants to play with his toys and himself.  There are several great programs that I have looked into and I am thinking he will be able to start the  beginning of September.

Today, Liam and I are going to eat at the Commissary with some friends and then we are going to head to hobby lobby after that!! I am super excited to go and start getting more ideas for Liam's first birthday!! I have also been informed that they have their Christmas things out already too.....can't wait for Liam to really get into Christmas this year!! Hopefully Liam will be a little more friendly today.  We will see! Hope you all enjoyed this post!! 

No comments: