Friday, August 20, 2010

An interesting week.....



I love this photo because I am pretty sure this is the face I made at him when I saw his ear!!

A little snarly in the morning time....notice the precious mosquito bite on his left eyebrow
Elephant ear!!
It's been a few days since my last post because we have been having a wild week.  This week is Jake's last week of part one of three of his externship for school.  This week, our dryer has stopped working, Jake's phone had been previously cracked a while back and was acting up, but now has decided to stop working unless plugged in the wall, yesterday morning, Liam woke up and his left ear was the size of  Texas, on the way to the pediatrician my check engine light came on, my debit card wouldn't work at the grocery store on monday.....and well I am sure you get the point by now.  I can't wait for this week to be over!! 


So about the ear....Yesterday morning, I got Liam out of his crib and put him in his high chair for breakfast....then I noticed the ear!  After a few frantic phone calls to the PICU, my friend Hannah, and to the pediatrician's office, we took him to the doctor ASAP. Liam is very sensitive to mosquito bites.  When he gets one, they swell up like crazy, get really red, then form a blister looking appearance, then take on the appearance of a pimple, then after about a week, they go away.  They look outrageous and horrible....you would think he don't spray him with bug spray, but we really do soak him in it.  Just so happens that the mosquitos decided to bite him in the places we are careful to avoid....right by his eye and inside his ear.  His ear ended up being related to none other than a mosquito bite.  Dr. Mathis, Liam's pediatrician, said ( in a nice way) that he makes a lot of money from mosquito and chigger bites on the ears, around the eyes and little boy parts.  He said that they look horrible and people think their child is going to loose their ear.  He is the best and most laid back and common sense doctor, and this is why we love him.  He said that a good way to know if it is an infection is to check his temperature and press on the area.  If there's a temp and it's painful then you have an infection....if not, then it's a skeeter!!  Thankfully his ear is much better today!


On the happier side of the week, Liam started clapping his hands and getting better at waving hi and bye!!  I think he knew his mom and dad could use a little happy moment after all the crazy ones this week.  Yesterday, I looked at Liam while he was shaking a toy and said, "yyyaaayyy"!! He just started clapping away and pretty much does it now every time we say "Yay" I will post a little video that I took of him waving.  He had just woken up and had breakfast before this.  Hope you enjoy it!!  Especially, since Jake just reached behind our door and put on what he though was his robe....not so much, it was mine. LOL!  He just decided to keep it on since Liam leaped to him before he realized it.  


What else is new.... Liam is busy roaming around the house and walks along the couch and table and keeps me busy.  He loves being chased and when you count one, two, three and chase him he absolutely loves it!!  Jake is doing great on his training for the Ultra marathon he will be running in October.  He is so dedicated and driven to achieve this goal.  He informed me that he wants to do a 100 mile race in March.....I am not really sure what could be next after this but I am sure he will come up with something to do. 


 I have started collecting a few things for Liam's birthday which are so cute.  I am trying really hard to remind myself he will have more than one birthday and I don't have to do everything this birthday....but it's so hard to resist.  The theme is Halloween/Little Monster.  I am on a mission now to find a really cute costume...that isn't expensive.  I have thrown around the following ideas....Bat, Monster, Halloween sock monkey, Octopus, and a few others.  If you have any suggestions let me know!!  This one was long but it has been a while.  We will be leaving Sunday to go home to Indiana for Jake's end of summer break.  Hope you enjoyed reading!! 

No comments: