Monday, August 9, 2010

Family visit and the weeks events

Liam's gift from Aunt Mandy

He really likes being scared by it!!


Wild baby chicken hair

This weekend we had a visit from Nana Angie, Uncle Blaize, and Aunt Jenny.  They hadn't seen Liam in person in a while so they came to see all his new skills and cuteness! Since I work saturdays and sundays, I was only able to visit with them in the evenings.  Jake and Liam took them on a hike, out to eat, watched a movie and got to spend lots of time with them.  They got to experience Liam's new found love of high pitched screaming and see him do his swimming in the bath tub.  He was quite a wild boy this weekend!!  When they first arrived he was very nervous and wasn't quite sure who they were and why they were staring at him but he quickly warmed up to them and enjoyed their company.  It was really nice to have family come down even if it was only for a short while. Jake loves spending time with his family and always gets "spunky", a nice way refer to it, whenever he gets around his brothers or dad.  Guys, thanks for coming down to visit!! We can't wait to come home in 2 weeks and see everyone!!


Liam's new little quirks are developing more and more each day.  He is now starting to grunt at me and things when he gets frustrated or things aren't going his way.  He is attached to me and I am pretty sure that he would like me to be like a momma kangaroo and carry him in a pouch all day.  He also FIGHTS napping and sleeping.  His favorite way to fall asleep is to be snuggled in his daddy and mommy's bed with his pacifier and elephant lovey.  I used to be able to lay him down in his crib when he was sleepy and he would peacefully fall asleep.....those sweet dreams are long gone.  He also likes to wake up in the middle of the night or at 4-5 in the morning and start protesting.  I am trying very hard to let him soothe himself back to sleep but it is very hard for Jake and I to do.  I have turned the monitor off 2 times but Jake thinks that we need to hear what is going on in his room.....I on the other hand think that Liam was blessed with a great gift called lungs and he will let us know if he really needs something.  Please keep in mind while reading this that I love him and love snuggling him but his room is right next to ours and Jake wakes up at his every whimper...even with the monitor off.  Steve and Sophie are also very aware of Liam and will wake us up if Liam is up to something.  Jake has never experienced caring for a child who sleeps with their parents and has to put them to sleep when their parents aren't there. At work and babysitting I have done this many times.....I can spot them from a mile away.  They are the child that screams for hours because they haven't learned to soothe or comfort themselves in anyway.  I hope Liam knows we love him and knows we are just a wall away.  I think the compromise is to let him lay in our bed to fall asleep and then put him in his crib...best of both worlds.  


Aunt Jenny trying out the hiking carrier
Sorry if this post is really long! I am a little long winded : )  I hope you enjoyed my post!! Here are some photos from this week and weekend's visit!! ENJOY!
He loves bath time!!


1 comment:

Sarah Hill said...

He's so cute, Jessica!!! And even though Jane Ellis isn't here yet, I agree with you that he needs to learn how to go back to sleep on his own. I hope I can be as good as you and not pick her up everytime she cries... when she's that old ofcourse :)