Friday, September 3, 2010

Parents Day Out and great finds....











Well parents day out went well.  Liam and I arrived a little early and while we were waiting, we met some of the other moms and their babies.  Most everyone in his group is around 10 months old. Liam was immediately excited and squealed out loud!  He reached for every baby that was near him and was thrilled to be around people his size....that didn't have fur(sister and brother dogs)  
 Two moms said they thought Liam was big....which really to me he doesn't seem bigger than their babies.  I am not just saying that because he is mine but, he really isn't that big.  Now if he was a 28lb 10 month old, I would be a little concerned. Anyways....We all just chatted waiting for the teachers to get there.  I figured out that I was the only one that worked and everyone else seemed to be around 28-32.  I was thinking in my head....so I am 24 and the only one who works, not in workout gear or a dress and heels.....feeling a little awkward.  The most important part was Liam seemed to have a great day!! They sent home his little report of his day and at the top they wrote, "Sweet Boy!"  I will post a picture of it on here.  I told Jake it was like his first report card : )  Jake just looked at me, in a nice way,  like I was a little overexcited weirdo am way overdoing the piece of paper. Not to mention I hung it on the fridge.... : ) I am really excited for him to go each week and get to be around other babies his age!! All and all a great first day for him. 
I on the other hand, cried after I got in the car and pulled out of the parking lot.  I of course immediately called Jake. As soon as he picked up the phone I said, " Say something to make me laugh because I am about to cry".  He was very sweet and asked me why I was crying, of course he knew why...I left Liam with someone I had never met for the first time.  I talked to him for a minute and then stopped crying and felt better so we got off the phone since he had a patient coming.  I really didn't know what to do with myself. I kept looking back at his empty carseat.....feeling like I forgot him or something.  I went to Old Navy, Party City, the bank, and a few other places all in about an hour.  Normally this would take me a lot longer with Liam.  So then I went home and cleaned, did dishes, and called Jake again.  I tried to take a nap since I was gonna work that night, but couldn't.  I was so excited to finally go pick him up! We got home and he was so happy and played and then took a little nap.  It was a good day!!




Today, Liam and I went to look around at Garden Ridge.  It is one of my favorite places to go shopping for holiday decorations. They have anything and everything, frames, furniture, rugs, luggage, baskets, home decor, party supplies, etc.   One of the things that I really love are their books.  They have really awesome cook books!  I found Jake this book about spicy cooking and he really likes it!! Today, I found 2 books about healthy baby and kids food which are great!  I also found an early birthday gift, a book about pizza, his favorite food.  Jake is obsessed with Turoni's Pizza, this is a local pizza place back home in Indiana.  He says it is the best pizza he has ever eaten!  I hope he will enjoy this book as much as the last one.  Each book was $5.99.  They are really reasonably priced.  Jake is the most traditional eater, he doesn't like a lot of traditional meals like most guys do.  Sometime it's a struggle to find meals he like, are really healthy, and I like too.  I am going to start buying more of these fabulous cook books with recipes Jake and I both will enjoy.  Well, now it's time for Liam and I to head to the grocery store... Hope you enjoyed reading!!

1 comment:

Blair said...

That is cool how they give you a report! I am glad he had a chance to make some friends! I am sure there will come a time that you will wish mother's day out was more often! Oh and even though you were the youngest and only working mom there, I am sure you were the hottest! The joys of being a young mother!