Monday, September 13, 2010

Ultra weekend




My favorite picture of Jake that I took that day
I am pretty sure Jake would have been mortified to ride home in the window!
Cheering on my daddy!!

We decorated the car but it rained so Jake never got to see this
This Saturday was Jake's first ultra marathon.  I am so incredibly proud of him and blown away by what he did.   I have to say I am in total awe of him.  He just takes my breath away.  I am so thankful of what an outstanding role model he is for Liam and for me.  He may absolutely drive me crazy some days but I just absolutely love and adore him.  We started the  morning by dropping him off at the park at 6:30AM.  Liam and I watched the race start and then we left shortly after that.  Liam and I went to the store to get some last minute things and then met up with tripper at 11:30 and drove back out to the park.  Tripper joined him for the last 10 miles of the race.  Liam and I were there from 12:00 to 3:15.  He was a little trooper and did great.  He watched everyone and played in his stroller and then took a little nap and then got up to see the end of the race.  The race was a small race and didn't have lots of crowd support.  Liam and I cheered "YYYAAAYY" and he would clap his hands (sometimes) when we would cheer.  Jake finished with a time of 7 hours and 59 minutes which put him in 3rd place out of 9 seasoned ultra marathoners.  He did great getting 3rd considering he was a novice.  He was so happy to see Jake each time and was definitely excited to go home and get down and play with his toys.  Jake was pretty sore.  He came home, took a shower, ate, and then fell asleep by 7:30!  He was worn out.  I know we were all pleased with how the day and the race went.   His next race is 5o miles and it is in Nashville October 17th.  

Other family news.  Liam is getting more teeth.  We noticed his top teeth are coming in.  The 2 front and 2 teeth immediately next to the front teeth are coming in.  He has done pretty well with teething and just likes to nibble on everything.  He is saying Dada all the time now and is busy into everything.  He is getting brave and occasionally stands on his own and is increasing the distance he will move from object to object.  He loves hiding and then when you come and look for him he won't move a muscle until you make eye contact with him.  He loves screaming and screeching loudly!!! He thinks the dogs and his daddy are funny.  He is giving kisses now and hugs you occasionally. 


Tomorrow is Jake's 26th birthday.  He has always been hard to shop for.  He always knows what he wants and it's hard to keep anything a surprise.  I got him something small but it's something he has been wanting.  We don't have any big plans but, I am making him a birthday dessert and Liam promises to give him 50 kisses!!  Hope you enjoyed the post!!  

No comments: