Friday, September 2, 2011

Our new home and what's new with our family!


Hi all!!!! I am hoping that since we are now going to be in our home for a very long time, I will be able to do a better job of blogging.  Any who,  wow I can't begin to tell you how relieved I am in be in our home!! There is nothing like being able to come home to your own house and know where most everything is.  Since we moved home, we had been living out of boxes until now.  I can't tell you how extremely frustrating it is to not know where anything was or to know where things were but knew it would be silly to unpack them until we got to our new house.  


I love our little house!!! Yay!! It's in an amazing area, wonderful neighbors so far, everyone is active, lots of dogs, Liam has made a new friend 2 houses down and not to mention I can make a nest for my family!! Jake now has an office and a 2 car garage where all "his stuff" has a home and he has a work space.  Liam has his own room, with a new big boy bed, a fenced in yard, and his very own bathroom!! He loves our new house too!!  I have an unfinished basement where I can do laundry, store decorations, baby stuff, do crafts and store stuff until we have things all the way rearranged.  


There are so many things I love about this house.  It has so much charm and character, ahhh I just love it!!! There are a few things we know we will be updating and redoing once we get settled in and set aside some money for.  The house has plaster walls almost all the way throughout the home.  My number one priority is to repair the cracks in the kitchen and Liam's bathroom and repaint both.  Hopefully this will be done within the next few months.  Currently the kitchen is the horrible shade of burgandy and it makes it look so drab and dark.  I plan on painting it a mint green or a light blue.  Liam's bathroom is a weird color green and I am not sure what I would even begin to call it.  It's just got to go.  I plan to paint his bathroom a light gray or a light warm brown.   


Some other things on our to do list are to paint the outside of the house and all the trim, gutters, windows etc.  It is a light gray, which I don't hate but it could just be so much warmer, cozier, and cuter.  We are thinking white with tan accents, porch floor and flower boxes, repaint the front and back doors black or maybe even by a new front door.  We are also going to redo the back patio and front landscaping.   The sidewalks are going to be torn up and new ones will be laid.  They are extremely skinny and they have cracks in them from just being old and the ground settling.  Jake is really anxious to get the back patio redone and build an outdoor grill and kitchen.  I think for now those are our big ones on the to do list.  We will hopefully put up a privacy fence in the next year or so too.


Here are some pictures of the house.....

I love this sign!! It's in our bathroom.   I bought it at the Red Poppy, one of my new favorite stores!!

Our master bathroom


Our shower....it was updated by the previous owner with new  vantity, sinks, shower, faucets, flooring

My fall decorations on our mantle!! Yay! So excited to have a mantle to put decorations on!!

Please excuse the cords, we have to get an extension to the cable and Jake has to rewire the outlets with 3 prong 

Yay for the new TV!! Liam loves to watch the video of his first year of life pretty much all the time!!!

Backyard and garage!

Jake inner sanctum!

back of the house...Jake just got rid of that random pile of gravel ....the previous owner used it as a fire pit

Tidying up the over grown stuff


little helper in Jake's bandana


This was the 2nd clean up and cut down of all the weeds, plants and trees that were growing in the fence

My desk and where our dining room will be when we get a new table

Liam enjoying his big boy bed

A cabinet the previous owner left, so I figured  why not use it

At some point I would like to replace the vanity and mirror and lights

Love this towel!! It says "close the lid boys"  Cute find from another new favorite store...this one is less then a mile away from our house too!! The Barefoot Cottage

I love this shower curtain!! It's so stinkin cute!! Found it at target and  had to get it!

A steal of a find!! Originally for sale at Kirklands for $599.99, they were closing the store and going out of business so  they marked it down to $140!! It's brand new and Jake even loves it!!

This was what I had up prior to the TV....The window will be hanging on the wall and I plan to put my favorite things Liam has made at PDO and my favorite pictures!

Looking from the dining room into the living room

Love the cabinets, hate the color of the walls!!

this is the back door that walks out to the backyard

Our breakfast nook! I love being able to sit down every night and eat dinner together!

Front door



Liam's room and play area

Liam's room

Happy reading and Happy Labor Day Weekend!!




No comments: