Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Liam's first day at his new preschool, the potty, and projects

Today was Liam's first day at his new preschool.  Today was "get acquainted hour".  Last week we had a meet the teacher meeting and Liam got to meet his teacher, Mrs. Fenwick and her assistant Ms. Joetta.  They are both really nice and have to be saints and full of patience to do what they do.  Liam went right in and started playing and when I came back to get him they said he did great!  The only time he got a little sad was when some of the other kids started crying really hard it just scared him. All and all it was a great little hour!


Liam is in the 2 year old class.  Even though he doesn't turn 2 until 10/31/11, they said he was close enough and would be fine.    Some of the kids in his class are potty trained and some aren't. As a mom, I was relieved to know they weren't going to be potty nazi's and they would help him get there at his own pace.  He has been going on the potty periodically since about 18 months old.  I might be holding him back, but I don't want to force him to potty train.  He will go if I sit him on the potty, but some days he isn't really that interested and would rather scamp around an play.  He usual goes 3-4 times a day and more if I keep on him.


Since he was a tiny baby, Liam has always been what I call a self starter/doer.  He kinda does things when he is ready.  It's been that way with sitting up, walking, crawling, talking, etc.  He just decides one day it's time to make the next milestone and does it.  There's never been a gradual build up.  I know that may sound crazy, but it's just Liam.  I just think he isn't going to do things until he is ready.   Hopefully with him going to school and us working on potty training he will be completely potty trained in no time.   


Next Monday, will be his first full day.  We will see how it goes. Here are some photos I took today after we got home from school.  Hope you enjoy!!






I love this picture! He was being a good sport and sitting still.....notice the creeper in the window...Steve, our dog was checking out what was going on...




For all of you who know me well, you know I love to "craft" as I call it.  My definition encompasses a variety of "crafts".  Sewing, constructing, painting, etc.  I have been working on some things for Liam's room....
Mission: Find an adorable yet affordable rug for Liam....I like it, but not sure if it's too much blue? 

I bought these shutters for $5, bought a paint  sample for  $2.50 , and then some hooks for less than $10 and waaalaaa a little place Liam can hang his things.

The next little thing I did was bough the "L" from hobby lobby, used the same paint sample and  for less than $10 it was done.

My next project is curtains...I was thinking a white and tan horizontal stripe??


This is Liam's memento board.  Each piece is a special memory or gift.  For example the St. Christopher metal is Liam's Great Great Grandpa Gus's, the rosary was a gift from my friend Leah, she brought it back from her honeymoon in Paris. 

The little "L" corner

I think it has enough blue and now needs some other colors.  I am hoping the white and tan curtains will help break up the blue.  Any suggestions or ideas are welcome!! Hope you enjoyed reading!!


No comments: