Saturday, September 3, 2011

Best bike ever!!

I have been wanting a particular bike for a long time.  I really love the old style beach cruiser bikes with the basket on the front.  I didn't want to buy anything before we moved home because I didn't have the room, but now that we are back I had planned on buying one.  I was at Walmart the other day with my mom and Liam and I showed her the bike and we looked at little power wheels cars for Liam and just looked around.  I called my mom and asked her if I could borrow her or my dad's vehicles to get the bike, she said she had planned on getting it for me for my birthday so could she just go and get it and it would be an early birthday present.  She was wanting to surprise me but I obviously didn't know about it and so I kinda ruined the surprise but it all worked out in the end!! She brought it over and of course she couldn't resist getting Liam something too.. so she got him a tricycle.  I was so excited when she pulled up, I seriously felt like I was about 5-6 years old on Christmas morning!! We put together the child carrier and put it on the back, put the basket on. After sweating to death in the garage and getting that all together, we put Liam's helmet on and went for a ride!!!

Liam and I absolutely love it!!! We went for a ride this morning and it was so nice.  We rode down to one of my favorite new stores and looked in the windows because it wasn't open yet.  The fun thing is, so many other people in the neighborhood have them.  Sometimes there are so many people on them riding by, it looks like we went back in time to the 1950s.  I LOVE it!!!! I am pretty sure Jake is getting the fever because this morning I sat down at the computer and this was pulled up on the screen......
Jake's bike

I think he might just need one for his birthday!!!  Here are some pictures.....
I forgot to post a picture of the front of our house on yesterdays post

The corner we live on

Liam's new ride from Nonnie!!

There she is, in all her glory!!


Liam's helmet!! So cute!!

LOVE IT!!! Slightly obsessed, can you tell?

Happy reading!!! 

No comments: