Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter!

Easter was quite different than I had hoped it would be.  For starters, I had to work all day. Liam had been running a fever all day the day before and I was worried that he had an ear infection.  I was worried because the last ear infection he had was pretty bad and happened overnight.  He was pretty pitiful, he just snuggled with Jake all day on Saturday and ran a fever of 102 all day long.  He gave him tylenol and ibuprofen which helped until it wore off.  I really wanted to take him to his pediatrician but  since it was going to be Easter Sunday, that would be impossible.  I didn't want Liam and Jake to sit in an ER or urgent care for hours on Easter Sunday, so luckily one of the amazing physicians I work with was on and I sent him a text when I got home saturday night to see if he would look at him in the morning.  He said he would, so Sunday morning started off with Liam, Jake, and I driving to my work and going up to the unit.  Liam is normally a very friendly, smiley little boy who will interact with anyone.  As soon as we got in the elevator, he looked around at everyone as they were all saying hi to him and he just started crying....bless his heart.   He stopped for a minute when I held him and then when we got in the Dr.s room in the unit, he started crying and was so scared.  He normally does great when we go to the pediatrician, he lets Dr. Mathis do whatever to him.  He lets him look in his ears without any issues, but that day was a sick sad Liam, not happy interactive Liam.  I felt bad bringing him up to work but it gave me peace of mind to find out that it was just a virus and not his ears.  I love my job but it's hard to take care of someone's sick child if you don't do something for your own sick child.  I am so thankful for Dr. Bugnitz for letting me bring him up there!! Thank you Mark!!!

After Liam and Jake left the unit, Jake got lost finding his way out and then he discovered a parking ticket on our car.  I made myself think about what day it was and tried to put all things in perspective.  So I smiled and worked the rest of my shift.  All I wanted to do that day was to see Liam hunt eggs and open his Easter Basket.  I rushed home and it was almost dark outside but I got to see him hunt eggs and it made my day.  He  got so excited for each egg.  We had been practicing earlier that week.  His face was priceless and precious!!! He was so genuinely excited and would gasp with excitement.  He knew there was candy inside and was so good about opening  the egg and bringing the candy to us to open it for him to eat.  He loved opening his Easter basket. He might not of worn his Easter outfit that I had planned but he enjoyed Easter and that's all that matters.  Jake and my mom made Easter dinner and it was great.  I wanted to make these little easter chick cakes, and Jake was so sweet, and baked the cakes so I could make them.  We decided that to make them the next night since we were running out of time but I really appreciated him making the cakes.  My mom got us all a big family Easter basket and she got me some shirts and a beautiful orchid.  After all the mishaps, Easter was fun for Liam and he enjoyed it.  We enjoyed watching him hunt for eggs and had a great dinner.  I hope next year I will be able to be home and enjoy the whole day together as a family.  Hope you enjoyed this post!!
Liam with all his Easter goodies

Checking out the goodies 

Easter decoration

Basket number one

Our Easter Tree

Our Easter basket from Nonnie

Night egg hunter

chocolate in one hand and an egg in another


I love this book!! This was part of his Easter goodies

No comments: